You Can’t Do It Alone By Maria Quiban Whitesell, Lauren Schneider LCSW
- Narrated by: Maria Quiban Whitesell, Lauren Schneider LCSW
- Length: 5 hrs and 17 mins
- Release date: 06-09-20
You Can’t Do It Alone AudioBook Summary
In this supportive guide, a widow and a mental-health expert provide guidance and thoughtful advice for anyone dealing with traumatic loss.
When FOX11’s Weather Anchor Maria Quiban Whitesell’s husband, Sean, was diagnosed with glioblastoma (GBM), a deadly form of brain cancer, she was completely unprepared. How would she possibly explain what was happening to their young son, Gus? How should she respond when people ask inappropriate questions? What about just dealing with the details of the day-to-day?
In You Can’t Do It Alone, Whitesell tells her story and teams up with Licensed Therapist Lauren Schneider to provide listeners with a road map for walking through illness, death, and grief. Whitesell and Schneider explore:
- Discussing a serious diagnosis in an honest, clear manner
- Navigating control over life when you feel no control
- Finding your support group
- Dealing with memories, family, and friends
- Helping balance work, caregiving, parenting, and much, much more