Worth the Risk By Kristen Lee EdD LICSW
- Narrated by: Eva Wilhelm
- Length: 8 hrs and 28 mins
- Release date: 07-26-22
Worth the Risk By Kristen Lee EdD LICSW AudioBook Summary
We’re bombarded by messages about how dangerous the world is—from both real and fake news. Yet when we hunker down and try to live in a bubble of safety, we can cut ourselves off from the joy life has to offer. In Worth the Risk, Dr. Kristen Lee shows us that by “microdosing” small acts of bravery and connection, we can regain the self-confidence and resilience we need to live full and meaningful lives.
In each chapter of Worth the Risk, Lee provides a solid dose of brain science combined with practical actions to build confidence and sustain yourself through challenges. With a blend of stories, composite sketches, science, ancient wisdom, behavioral science, and practical exercises, you’ll explore:
- What is courage?
- Why feeling overwhelmed doesn’t make you a “snowflake”
- Tools for understanding and regulating your emotions, anxieties, and habits of avoidance
- Healing practices and guidance to increase your resilience to trauma, acute stress, and PTSD
- Strategies for navigating the unique challenges of our polarized, media-saturated culture
- And more
Risks are a part of life—and “playing it safe” can end up diminishing the very qualities that allow us to adapt, create, and serve our purpose in life. Worth the Risk guides you through a powerful approach to taking small, values-aligned chances that increase your ability to thrive.