- Narrated by: Suehyla El-Attar
- Length: 6 hrs and 41 mins
- Release date: 12-01-21
Wild Rituals AudioBook Summary
Wild Rituals explores how embracing the rituals of the animal kingdom can make us more connected to ourselves, nature, and others.
Behavioral ecologist and world-renowned elephant scientist Caitlin O’Connell dives into the rituals of elephants, apes, zebras, rhinos, lions, whales, flamingos, and many more.
This fascinating listen helps us better understand how we are similar to wild animals, and encourages us to find healing, self-awareness, community, and self-reinvention.
- Filled with fascinating stories on 10 different animal rituals
- Demonstrates the profound way we are similar to the wild creatures who captivate us
Wild Rituals journeys into the desert, tundra, and rainforest to reveal the importance of rituals and how they can help us find a simpler, more meaningful way of living.
In a culture of technology where we find ourselves living at a greater distance from nature and each other, this remarkable book taps into the unspoken languages of creatures around the world.
- Caitlin O’Connell is a Harvard assistant professor and award-winning author who spent more than 30 years studying animals in the wild.
- Makes a great gift for anyone curious about nature, animals, and how humans compare to and interact with both
- Add it to the shelf with books like Beyond Words: What Animals Think and Feel by Carl Safina; Are We Smart Enough to Know How Smart Animals Are? by Frans de Waal; The Inner Life of Animals: Love, Grief, and Compassion – Surprising Observations of a Hidden World by Peter Wohlleben; and The Soul of an Octopus: A Surprising Exploration into the Wonder of Consciousness by Sy Montgomery.
File Size: 184.36 MB