- Narrated by: John Skelley, Libby McKnight
- Length: 8 hrs and 47 mins
- Release date: 29-12-20
When Crisis Strikes AudioBook Summary
Your brain’s greatest enemy? Chronic stress. Learn how to regain control, life balance, and well-being.
The second in a line of health care books published in partnership with Dr. Daniel Amen and the Amen Clinics, When Crisis Strikes offers a proprietary five-step program for tackling life crises and coping with chronic stress.
Stress is an unfortunate fact of modern life, and when those stressors are catastrophic – divorce, illness, caregiving, loss – a brain under stress becomes a brain in crisis. In this invaluable guide, award-winning psychiatrist Dr. Jennifer Love and neuropsychologist Dr. Kjell Hovik explore how to heal the damage that prolonged stress can do to your brain and your health. In When Crisis Strikes you’ll learn how to prevent these side effects from hijacking your daily life.
- Discover how your brain works with your body’s natural stress response system.
- Learn how mental and emotional cues cause physical reactions like muscle tension, pain, lowered sex drive, and more.
- Practice the five steps to relieve a stressor’s toll on your mind and your body.
- Utilize the tools to deal with any life crisis.
Including a foreword from renowned psychiatrist and brain health expert Dr. Daniel Amen, When Crisis Strikes provides hope and healing for everyone who has experienced the often-crushing weight of chronic stress.
File Size: 238.91 MB