The Science of James Bond By Mark Brake
- Narrated by: Alex Wyndham
- Length: 5 hrs and 37 mins
- Release date: 12-28-21
The Science of James Bond AudioBook Summary
From Sean Connery to Daniel Craig, James Bond is the highest-grossing movie franchise of all time. Out-grossing Star Wars, Harry Potter, and the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the world’s most iconic and international secret agent has a shelf life of almost six decades, from Dr. No to Spectre. As nuclear missile threats are replaced by a series of subtler threats in a globalized and digital world, Bond is with us still.
In The Science of James Bond, we recognize the Bond franchise as a unique genre: spy-fi. A genre of film and fiction that fuses spy fiction with science fiction. We look at Bond’s obsessions with supervillains, the future, and world domination or destruction. And we take a peek under the hood of trends in science and tech, often in the form of gadgets and spy devices, in chapters such as:
- “Goldfinger: Man Has Achieved Miracles in All Fields but Crime!”
- “You Only Live Twice: The Race to Conquer Space”
- “Live and Let Die: Full Throttle: Bond and the Car”
- “Skyfall: The Science of Cyberterrorism”
- And more!