- Narrated by: Baldwin Research Institute Inc.
- Length: 16 hrs and 43 mins
- Release date: 07-09-21
The Freedom Model for Addictions AudioBook Summary
Do you want an addiction – a lifelong diagnosis – or do you want to see yourself as having a habit that you can solve completely? Your answer tells you if The Freedom Model for Addictions is the answer you have been looking for.
The Freedom Model debunks the addiction disease concept as well as the idea that “recovery” is needed after you’ve decided to abstain or moderate your use. Much of the content within the book may surprise you, maybe even shock you. For example:
- Did you know addiction is not a disease?
- Did you know the brain disease theory is not based on sound science and is actually a myth?
- Did you know that addictions are habits, just like many other habits, and that as such are quite easy to break once you know the facts?
- Does your gut tell you that treatment is just another money grab from those who are vulnerable and that something is drastically wrong with the rehab industry as a whole?
If so, you’d be right – rehabs don’t work, and The Freedom Model tells you exactly why and how this Western cultural institution came to gain such power over people’s lives. For those immersed in the 12-step culture or in the rehab culture, this book provides a path out of those institutions, and into a much more empowered state of mind.