The Ancient Egyptian Metaphysical Architecture By Moustafa Gadalla
- Narrated by: Susie Hennessy
- Length: 6 hrs and 50 mins
- Release date: 09-30-19
The Ancient Egyptian Metaphysical Architecture AudioBook Summary
This book reveals the Ancient Egyptian knowledge of harmonic proportion, sacred geometry, and number mysticism, as manifested in their texts, temples, tombs, art, hieroglyphs, etc., throughout their known history. It shows how the Egyptians designed their buildings to generate cosmic energy, and the mystical application of numbers in Egyptian works. The book explains in detail the harmonic proportion of about 20 Ancient Egyptian buildings throughout their recorded history.
This book is divided into three parts containing a total of 13 chapters
Part I: Architectural Concepts – Function and From consists of five chapters – 1 through 5:
- Chapter 1: The Architectural Canon
- Chapter 2: The Metaphysical Structure of the Universe
- Chapter 3: Visitation Sites of the Lower Heavenly Court
- Chapter 4: The Sealed Pharaohs’ Tombs
- Chapter 5: Egyptian Temples of The Divine Forces
Part II: The Physical Manifestation of Metaphysical Concepts consists of five chapters – 6 through 11:
- Chapter 6: Architectural Constituent Forms of Metaphysical Functions will cover the various architectural forms as manifestation of their corresponding functions [both physically and metaphysically] for “false doors”, recessed wall panels, columns and pillars, capitals of columns, porticoes, peristyles, colonnade formations at four different locations, obelisks, statuary images of various roof forms (flat, gable, corbelled, arch & vaulted), stylistic architectural details (architrave, cornice, and torus) and stylistic ornamentation and decoration such as starry ceilings, floral, geometric, figurative, a combination of two or all three, guilloche (misnamed as the Tuscan border), chevron, and scroll pattern.
- Chapter 7: The Primary Geometrical Shapes/Forms
- Chapter 8: The Generative Square Root Rectangles – “Irrational numbers”
- Chapter 9: The Arithmetic Generative Progression
- Chapter 10: Combined – Arithmetic and Graphic Harmonic Design of Egyptian Buildings
- Chapter 11: Harmonic Analysis of Ancient Egyptian Works will cover several examples in Ancient Egypt from all eras and throughout Egypt that show the Egyptian applications of the design elements discussed in this book. Examples include temples, tombs, pyramids, shrines, capitals of columns, stelae, pylons and doorways.
Part III: The Spirited Communications has two chapters – 12 and 13:
- Chapter 12: The Animated Metaphysical Images on Walls will cover the metaphysical significance of walls’ decoration as well as explanations of various depictions.
- Chapter 13: Human Activities will cover the roles of humans in activating, maintaining, participating in various rituals and festivities as well as deactivating the powers of the temple when temples and the whole Egypt is under siege.
File Size: 176.33 MB