Powerful Phrases for Dealing with Difficult People By Renee Evenson
- Narrated by: Jill Blackwood
- Length: 6 hrs and 53 mins
- Release date: 12-21-21
Powerful Phrases for Dealing with Difficult People AudioBook Summary
The key to a harmonious, highly effective work environment is not by ensuring you work among carbon-copies of yourself whose personalities never clash. That pipe dream could never happen, nor would it result in a successful team collaboration even if it could. Instead, most of us are going to work today with individuals who at times come across as incompetent, lazy, spotlight-hugging, whiny, or backstabbing. And then tomorrow we go to work with them again…and again…and again. Like it or not, the bulk of our waking hours are spent with people at work – people who can grate on our nerves. Therefore, learning to interact effectively with difficult employees, colleagues, and bosses is an absolute essential for success.
With Powerful Phrases for Dealing with Difficult People, anyone can learn how to confront the situations that can arise when dealing with difficult personalities before negativity festers and spreads. Helpful features inside this practical and easy-to-use book include:
- Thirty common personality traits, behaviors, and workplace scenarios along with the phrases that work best with each
- Nonverbal communication skills to back up your words
- Sample dialogues that demonstrate how phrasing improves interactions
- A five-step process for moving from conflict to resolution
- “Why This Works” sections that provide detailed explanations
Button-pushing situations are going to come up today at work – and tomorrow too. Don’t let them rent space inside of you. Instead, choose to deploy simple phrases to regain control and resolve conflicts. When you do, you, your colleagues, and your company will be all the better for it!