Interstellar Patrol II By Christopher Anvil, Eric Flint
- Narrated by: Eric Michael Summerer
- Series: Federation of Humanity Series, Book 2
- Length: 24 hrs and 9 mins
- Release date: 09-29-20
Interstellar Patrol II AudioBook Summary
Vaughan Roberts and his two companions had been trapped on a crime-ridden, chaotic planet until they bamboozled the population with a gigantic hoax – which brought them to the attention of the Interstellar Patrol, who were looking for a few good con men, capable of ingenious improvisation and adept at playing dirty tricks on the bad guys.
The new recruits acquitted themselves admirably, so they naturally were given more tough nuts to crack, including:
- Flummoxing an alien empire that has taken a number of human prisoners as reconnaissance for an invasion….
- Stopping a plan by not-so-good Samaritans who are pretending to cure a planetary plague – which they introduced to the planet – with a “miracle” drug that creates an addiction to the same drug….
- Not only rescuing some Patrol personnel taken hostage by fanatics, but convincing other fanatics throughout the galaxy that the consequences of threatening anyone in the Patrol are too terrible even to think about….
- Making sure that the rightful heir to a planet’s throne escapes from captivity and overthrows the usurper. This time there’s a complication: Roberts may be falling for the ruler’s beautiful sister….
- And much more….
File Size: 1.21 GB