- Narrated by: Doug Greene
- Length: 3 hrs and 58 mins
- Release date: 03-23-22
History of China By Kelly Mass AudioBook Summary
This is a combo of five titles with different topics related to Chinese history. The topics are the following:
- Ancient China: It’s hard to cover all of China’s vast history in a short book, but for the sake of leaving out details, we will still give it a try. In this guide, you will be able to learn more about the most important turning events, eras, dynasties, leaders, wars, and cultural aspects of ancient China.
- Chinese Mythology: Chinese folklore is mythology from the geographical area now called China that has been given orally or documented. Several myths from different local and cultural customs are included in Chinese folklore. Much of folklore includes thrilling stories, including impressive characters and beings, the use of magic powers, and normally occurs in a mythologically unique area or time.
- Confucius: Confucius was a Chinese thinker and political leader who was considered as the apotheosis of Chinese sages. Confucius’ theories and philosophy, commonly seen as one of the most essential and prominent individuals in human history, created the structure of East Asian civilization, and stay appropriate across China and East Asia today. Confucianism, his philosophical theories, highlighted personal and governmental morality, social connection precision, justice, generosity, and genuineness.
- Mao Zedong: Mao Zedong has had a tremendous impact on the Chinese nation. During his Great Leap Forward, he was responsible for more deaths than both Hitler and Stalin, making him the biggest mass murderer in history. What happened during the Great Leap Forward? Why did so many farmers starve to death? And what else did Mao Zedong do during his reign?
- Portuguese Macau: Macau is known as the Las Vegas of China. It attracts many tourists every year, and it has a unique set of laws and history behind it. How did it become this way? Well, one of the reasons is that it used to be part of the Portuguese Empire.