- Narrated by: Zach Hoffman, John Behrens
- Length: 4 hrs and 4 mins
- Release date: 11-08-22
Defend Us in Battle By George Monsoor, Rose M. Rea AudioBook Summary
On September 29, 2006, Michael Monsoor and two SEAL snipers watched vigilantly for enemy activity from their rooftop post in Ar Ramadi, Iraq. When a grenade thrown from insurgents bounced off Michael’s chest, he could have escaped. Instead, he threw himself onto the live grenade, shielding his fellow soldiers from the immediate explosion. Michael died thirty minutes later, having made the ultimate sacrifice.
As George Monsoor (Michael’s father) and Rose Rea show us in Defend Us in Battle, Michael had prepared for this selfless act all his life—a life that inspires us to have a similar generosity of heart. This fast-paced, compelling biography
- tells the true story of a quiet boy from California who achieved his dream of becoming a Navy SEAL and saved numerous lives throughout his deployment
- recounts how Michael’s childhood of asthma and being bullied made him a staunch defender of justice and passionate about never quitting
- draws on interviews, military documents, and eyewitness accounts to detail Michael’s remarkable military career and devotion to God and others
- is perfect for readers of fans biographies such as Unbroken, as well as for anyone eager to remember that this world still has heroes
In addition to the Medal of Honor, Michael received a Silver Star, a Bronze Star Medal, and the Purple Heart for his years serving his country. But his greatest legacy is in the hearts of those he inspired to live, and even die, for the sake of brotherly love.