- Narrated by: Vanessa Van Edwards
- Length: 8 hrs and 1 min
- Release date: 03-01-22
Cues AudioBook Summary
For anyone who wants to be heard at work, earn that overdue promotion, or win more clients, deals, and projects, the best-selling author of Captivate, Vanessa Van Edwards, shares her advanced guide to improving professional relationships through the power of cues.
What makes someone charismatic? Why do some captivate a room, while others have trouble managing a small meeting? What makes some ideas spread, while other good ones fall by the wayside? If you have ever been interrupted in meetings, overlooked for career opportunities or had your ideas ignored, your cues may be the problem – and the solution.
Cues – the tiny signals we send to others 24/7 through our body language, facial expressions, word choice, and vocal inflection – have a massive impact on how we, and our ideas, come across. Our cues can either enhance our message or undermine it.
In this entertaining and accessible guide to the hidden language of cues, Vanessa Van Edwards teaches you how to convey power, trust, leadership, likeability, and charisma in every interaction. You’ll learn:
- Which body language cues assert, “I’m a leader, and here’s why you should join me.”
- Which vocal cues make you sound more confident
- Which verbal cues to use in your résumé, branding, and emails to increase trust (and generate excitement about interacting with you)
- Which visual cues you are sending in your profile pictures, clothing, and professional brand
Whether you’re pitching an investment, negotiating a job offer, or having a tough conversation with a colleague, cues can help you improve your relationships, express empathy, and create meaningful connections with lasting impact. This is an indispensable guide for entrepreneurs, team leaders, young professionals, and anyone who wants to be more influential.